MPACE had a strong night is this year’s primary elections. The Michigan Political Action for Candidate Election (MPACE) is the political action arm of the National Association of Social Workers – Michigan Chapter. As a political action committee, MPACE endorses and financially contributes to candidates from any party who support NASW's policy agenda. Three out of four Michigan Senate candidates endorsed will move on to the general election in November and all ten of the House candidates will move on, including social worker Stephanie Chang for State Representative. If Stephanie wins in November she will be the first Asian-American to ever serve in our state legislative.
For the August 5, 2014 Michigan primary election MPACE made the following endorsements:
- Terry Brown (D) dist 110, Pigeon/Huron & Tuscola*
- Ryan Fishman (D) dist 13, Royal Oak, Oakland Co* (lost)
- Tory Rocca (R) dist 10, Sterling Heights/Macomb*
- Wayne Schmidt (R) dist 104, Traverse City/ Grand Traverse*
- Theresa Abed (D) dist 71, Grand Ledge/Eaton*
- Winnie Brinks (D) dist 76, Grand Rapids/Kent*
- Stephanie Chang (D) dist 6, Detroit*
- Tom Cochran (D) dist 67, Mason/Ingham*
- Scott Dianda (D) dist 110, Calumet/Marquette*
- Gretchen Driskell (D) dist 52, Saline/Washtenaw*
- Erica Geiss (D) dist 12, Taylor
- Collene Lamonte (D) dist 91, Montague/Muskegon*
- Phil Phelps (D) dist 49, Flint, Flushing
- Henry Yanez (D) dist 25, Sterling Heights/Macomb*
Make A Donation. Support MPACE.
NASW Michigan Chapter needs your help in advocating for the social work profession. We must have a collective voice for our profession and those we serve. Between the grassroots support of our membership and our Michigan - Political Action for Candidate Election (MPACE), we will effectively represent the social work profession and advocate for our clients. With your help of a contribution to MPACE, we will be one of the most influential organizations at the Capital for health, human services, mental health, education, and equitable financing of state services.
- $5 to $29 - Friend
- $30 to $59 – Leader
- $60 to $100– Change Agent
- $101+ – Social Justice Advocate