As a graduating student you are embarking on a new and exciting start to your social work career. You are applying for positions and may even have a position to start right after graduation.
Did you know…?
- A lawsuit or complaint can be filed against you even if you work for an agency or employer and you aren’t yet licensed?
- Social work services such as volunteering or giving advice to a friend, neighbor, or family member are not covered by your employer?
- An agency or employers insurance policy does not always provide adequate coverage for you as an individual social worker?
- The number of individuals who pursue legal action against social workers, new graduates and first time practitioners are increasing?
- You could receive a social work malpractice lawsuit in 10 years for services you are providing currently, which could affect you personally and financially in the future?
- A lawsuit can still be filed against you even if you have moved on to another position, company, or the employer is no longer in business?
Having your own Individual Professional Liability Insurance policy will provide you with coverage for these and other liabilities related to your Social Work Professional services.
*If you have questions or would like more information on Professional Liability coverage please call the NASW Assurance Services Member Care Unit at 1.855.385.2160 or email us at email@example.com.